- Open CMD / Command Prompt
= Then click "Run"
= There a small box appear then type "CMD"
- Using "Attrib" in CMD.
= Then type "Attrib".
Note that there are two files which I outlined in red (SilentSoftech.exe and autorun.inf). Since you cannot see this file nor delete it (because the attributes that was set on these files are +s +h +r
- +s - meaning it is a system file (which also means that you cannot delete it just by using the delete command)
- +h - means it is hidden (so you cannot delete it)
- +r - means it is a read only file ( which also means that you cannot delete it just by using the delete command)
- Type attrib -s -h -r autorun.inf ( be sure to include -s -h -r because you cannot change the attributes using only -s or -h or -r alone)
- Type attrib again to check if your changes have been commited
- If the autorun.inf file has no more attributes, you can now delete it by typing del autorun.inf
- Since SilentSoftech.exe is a malware you can remove its attributes by doing step 1 and step 3(just change the filename) ex. attrib -s -h -r silentsoftech.exe
There you have it!!!!
NOTE: When autorun.inf keeps coming back even if you already deleted it, be sure to check your Task Manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE ( a virus is still running as a process thats why you cannot delete it. KILL the process first by selecting it and clicking End Process.
NOTE: You can also apply the attrib -s -h -r command to all the partition of your computer, drive D: drive E: drive F: (all of your drives). For example. for drive D, just type "D:" (minus the double quote) then you can see that your current drive is D.. type there the command "attrib -s -h -r *.exe" for exe files and "attrib -s -h -r *.inf" and then delete the file by "del autorun.inf".
Hope this helps.